[Notice] Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER

GET /mens-sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule-and-results/4000/recap

Line 134 in /home/herkimer/www/events/code/SportsSchedulePage.php


125             $fromArchive = true;
126             $fromSchedule = false;
127             $scheduleLink = $referer;
128           }
129           else if(strpos($referer, 'schedule')) {
130             $fromSchedule = true;
131           }
132         }
134         return $this->customise(array('ref' => $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'], 'Title' => $recap->Title, 'NewsArticle' => $recap, 'FromSchedule' => $fromSchedule, 'FromArchive' => $fromArchive, 'ScheduleLink' => $scheduleLink))->renderWith(array('NewsArticleGenerals', 'Page'));
135       }
136     }
137   }
139     public function box_score($request) {
140         /*


Bid for another last minute victory evades men’s lacrosse » Herkimer Generals

Bid for another last minute victory evades men’s lacrosse

(Captain Jon Wilkins gives his team a 9-8 lead with 3:03 left in regulation of Wednesday's home game).

(James Redpath III ties the game at 8-8 on an assist from Justin Flint with 3:30 left in regulation).

HERKIMER, NY - Coming back from a three goal deficit in their last home game at Wehrum Stadium, the Herkimer Generals men’s lacrosse team was unable to come back from the same deficit Wednesday (3/23), losing to Finger Lakes in overtime 10-9.

Herkimer (2-2) managed to score five goals in the fourth quarter after finding themselves down 7-4 with 15 minutes left in regulation. Ryan Fischer (Monroe, NY) got things started, scoring on an assist from Cavanagh Rigby (Bexley, OH) with 10:07 left. That momentum didn’t last long with the Lakers putting it back to a three-goal deficit (8-5) with 7:01 left in the game, that’s when the Generals woke up.

In the next three minutes of play, Herkimer saw four different players score, helping the team capture its first lead of the game with 3:05 left in regulation. Goals came from Fischer, Rigby, James Redpath III (Rome, NY) and Jon Wilkins (Norwalk, CT) on assists from Redpath III and Justin Flint (Endicott, NY). Wilkins netted the would be game-winner after he ran around the back of the net and scored his second goal of the season from left-to-right.

Herkimer managed to keep the ball away from Finger Lakes for most of the 3:05 left in the game, but gave them just enough time, one second to be exact, to push the game into overtime. From there, Matt Hall scored the winner on an assists from Andrew Buck after Herkimer had their shot on offense, ending the game with 2:42 left.

In goal for the Generals against was Charles Rosaschi (Highland Mills, NY). The freshman saved 17 shots, giving him three consecutive outings with double digit saves.

Up next on Saturday (3/26) is Mohawk Valley. The Hawks have yet to play a game this season, but will play their second of the season when they come to Wehrum Stadium in three days. That game is scheduled for 1 p.m.


Finger Lakes 10, Herkimer Generals 9 – OT


Finger Lakes 5-2

LAKERS (5-5) Matt Hall 4-0, Ethan Bakogiannis 3-2, Alex Chiara 2-0, Jessie Lewis 1-0, Andrew Buck 0-5.

GENERALS (2-2) Ryan Fischer 3-0, James Redpath III 2-1, Cavanagh Rigby 1-1, Jon Wilkins 1-1, Justin Flint 1-1, Jeramiah Robinson 1-0.


Matt Spoor – FLCC – 14 saves

Charles Rosaschi – HERK – 17 saves 

Next Game: 3/26 vs. Mohawk Valley 1 p.m.

-Giorgio Varlaro

← View All News

Men's Lacrosse